Six Sigma Summary
Six Sigma is a methodology that provides businesses with the tools to improve the capability of their business processes. This increase in performance and decrease in process variation leads to defect reduction and vast improvement in profits, employee morale and quality of product.
In few words, a company or organization use the Six Sigme when they need a complete process: define, measure, analyze, design, and verify. That process is to get near perfection of an activity or product and eliminates defects.
This is a little information about the author of the article.
The article writter is Craig Tonner. He is a member of the Six Sigma official web page. He wroted and posted the first articles and he gave the opportunity to other autors to modify them. The last modify of this articles was on Sep. 3, 2003.
If you want to read the entire article please join:
Hey! I almost forgot! I did the same activity from the last post ”Unit 1” and these are some words I found at answers.com
• Measure (meas'ur•er noun): Dimensions, quantity, or capacity as ascertained by attention or energy.
• Deviations (dē'vē-ā'shən noun): The comparison with a standard.
• Strives (strīv .verb): To exert much effort or energy; endeavor. To struggle or fight forcefully; contend
• Towards (prep. & adv): In the direction of.
• Current (kûr'ənt, kŭr'- . adj): Belonging to the present time.
• Overseen (ō'vər-sēn'. verb ): To watch over and direct; supervise
• Accomplished (ə-kŏm'plĭsht. adj): Skilled; expert
• Focus (fō'kəs. Noun-verb): To concentrate act of deviating or turning aside.
If you want to know more, don't forget to leave me a comment.